Publisher is the Primary or Master server which host the original data or database where actual or real-time changes/updates are made. In this Post I am going to explain how to configure Publisher.
After you configure the Distributor Server (Guide to MS SQL 2008 Transactional Replication (Configure Distributor) Part-II) now I will explain how you can create & configure the Publisher.
Create & Configure Publisher
2) Now under Replication Right click on Local Publication and select “New Publication…”
3) New Publication Wizard window will open; Press Next.
4) Publication Database: Select the database you want to publish and click on Next.
5) Publication type: You have to select the publication type you want to create. Select “Transactional Publication” and click on Next.
6) Articles: You have to select the objects which will be published. If you have stored procedures and views in your table you can either publish along with views or stored procedure.
7) Filter Table Rows: If you want to filter rows or don’t want to publish any row you can add filter here or you can just press Next without adding filter.